IASF Education And Credentialing Dates For 2021 (via Zoom)
- Sunday 4 July 2021
- Sunday 12 September 2021
All coaches without any current credentials must begin at Level 1 and continue through the highest level for which they would like to qualify.
Step 1: Concussion Management – Online Training (FREE)
Coaches are only required to complete the Concussion Management training once (you do not need to redo the certificate each time you credential, however may be required to forward proof of completion).
Step 2: Working With Children Check
Coaches may still attend the Education Day if they can show proof of their application for a WWWC/Blue Card (or equivalent) and has not been processed yet.
Step 3: Practical Field Experience Form (PFE) – Level 3+ Only
To be credentialed at Level 3 or higher, coaches must document and verify Practical Field Experience coaching at the levels that precede the one for which they are being tested. Coaches are required to present a copy of their PFE Form upon registration at the Education Day.
- To be tested at Level 3, coaches must document and verify that they have spent a minimum of 100 hours coaching at Levels 1 and 2.
- To be tested at Level 4, coaches must document and verify that they have spent a minimum of 75 hours coaching at Level 3.
- To be tested at Level 5, coaches must be able to document and verify that they have spent a minimum of 75 hours coaching at level 4.
- To be tested at Level 6, coaches must be able to document and verify that they have spent a minimum of 75 hours coaching at level 5.
- To be tested at Level 7, coaches must be able to document and verify that they have spent a minimum of 75 hours coaching at level 6. PLEASE NOTE: Level 7 is not available at this stage. TBA.
Step 4: Compulsory Coaches Education Workshop
Introductory Coach – $80.00
Level 1 – $115.00
Level 2 – $95.00
Level 3 – $65.00
Level 4 – $65.00
Level 5 & 6 – $65.00
Level 1 education – 2 hours
Level 2 education – 1.5 hours
Level 3 education – 1 hour
Level 4 education – 1 hour
Level 5 & 6 – 1.5 hours
* New for 2020: All Coaches must attend the “Starting Point” course outlining the Roles & Responsibilities of being a Coach. This Course only needs to be completed once and is free to attendees. Moving forwards, it will be compulsory for all Level 1 attendees.
You will also need to know the current IASF Rules for each level prior to doing your IASF online test, as such it is recommended you attend a Rules Workshop.
Step 5: Online Test – FEES TO BE PAID DIRECT TO THE IASF
Tumbling Test: $10.00
Applicable links will be sent to you following the successful completion of Steps 1 to 4. Coaches who are re-credentialing (prior to current credentials expiration date) at the same level are not required to attend the Education Workshop, however are welcome to attend if they would like to brush up on their skills (the workshop fee will apply).
Please note: You will be issued with two attempts at passing the online test. If you have not successfully completed the test after two attempts, you will be required to wait 3 months before registering again. Additional fees will apply.
Step 6: Certification
***The face-to-face/skype/facetime is not longer required***
MAINTAINING VALID CREDENTIALS
- Credentials are valid for 3 years and will expire on December 31 at the end of the 3-year term
- Coaches initially credential at Levels 1-4 may test to the next level at any time during the 3 year period during which their credentials are valid. Expiration dates will extend an additional 3 years as each level is successfully completed If a Coach does not renew their credentials by December 31 of the year of expiry, their credentials will expire, and the coach must restart the credentialing process from the beginning.
- It is the responsibility of a Coach to stay current with credentials. Know your expiration date and plan accordingly. it is always best to plan on attending a re-credential prior to your credentials expire.
Coaches that qualify for re-credentialing are:
Coaches that are soon to expire and have no need to go to a higher level
Coaches that have completed to the highest level achievable and are soon to expire
Any Coaches needing to re-credential are not required to attend the Education Workshops unless desired. It is recommended you attend due to the ongoing development of the sport.
Any Coaches wishing to re-credential without attending the Education Workshop must still apply through our application process. Upon receiving confirmation from Aussie Gold Cheer & Dance, the IASF will provide a personal link to the applicant to re-credential.
The cost for credentialing is priced per level:
|1st Time Credentialing||LEVEL 1||LEVEL 2||LEVEL 3||LEVEL 4||LEVEL 5 & 6|
|Building & Tumbling Education Workshop & ACSA Membership||$115||$95||$65||$65||$65|
|Online BUILDING Test (payable directly to the IASF)||$20||$20||$20||$20||$20|
|Online TUMBLING Test (payable directly to the IASF)||$10||$10||$10||$10||$10|
|Re-credentialing (no workshop)|
|Online Test – Payable directly to the IASF||$50||$50||$50||$50||$50|